Agile Scrum MasterApply Location Santa Ana, California Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-90150
Agile Scrum Master
This is a remote position
Experienced, self-motivated Scrum Master will have the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision.Scrum Masters provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to the agile development process and delivery of applications, as well as enforcing the agile tenants, removing impediments, and promoting empowerment.
- Understand the difference between Agile and Scrum and be able to articulate it
- Provide team with resources, information, communication, and practical advice to enable the team to regularly deliver working software
- Facilitates: Daily scrum (stand-up), release and sprint planning sessions, Sprint review (demo) and Sprint retrospective. Ensure all participants understand the ceremony's purpose and keep to the time-box.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Foster and encourage conversations and collaboration - both inside and outside of team – allowing them to self-organize
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Understand and be able to articulate strategic and product planning and goals in the team's environment and progress toward them
- Supports Product Owner ensuring the product backlog is properly refined – prioritizing to maximize value and using creative techniques for elaborating user stories to be ready for the upcoming 1-2 sprints.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Ensure team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and achieve this through techniques such as user story slicing and acceptance criteria
- Proactively manage dependencies
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Participate in the agile community both internal to Assurant and external with other practitioners
- Enforces the values and principles of Agile by focusing on continuous learning and feedback loops
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Industry certification Required or Scaled Agile Scrum Master (SAFe SSM)
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams
- Agile experience within a multi-team organization
- Experience working with distributed, virtual teams
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Advanced understanding of Agile practices such as: retrospectives, daily standups, sprint planning, burn down techniques
- Experience with agile team tools such as ADO, Jira, VersionOne or TFS
- Ability to collaborate and exercise influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Knowledge of other project management methodologies a plus
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- Participation in industry agile communities of practice desired
- SAFe, PI Planning, Agile Coach, Release Planning preferred
- IOT, Mobile Applications, Platform Development Preferred
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.