Mainframe Software Engineer - RemoteApply Location Santa Ana, California Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-88609
Location: Santa Ana, California
This position is a Software Engineer for a Lender Placed / Collateral Protection Insurance system which operates on a Tandem HP NonStop mainframe.
This is a remote position.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk.
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements.
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives.
- Implement solutions.
- Provide system support.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in application software development or equivalent work experience.
Qualifications and Requirements
Experience with the following languages and tools:
- COBOL, HP NonStop C, TACL, NotePad++ or UltraEdit text editors, HP NonStop SQL/MP, SQL Server SQL, SSIS, Connect:Direct.
- Experience coding on a Tandem HP NonStop mainframe.
- Experience with a Lender Place Insurance / Collateral Protection application.
- Experience with Automic job scheduler application.
- Experience in AGILE SDLC as well as Waterfall SDLC.
- Have the aptitude and skills to grow into a future leadership role.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.