Product Director, Pocket Geek Device Lifecycle
The Product Director is responsible for the development and management of Assurant’s Device Lifecycle services delivered through Connected Living’s Pocket Geek platform. The Product Director of Device Lifecycle is the Subject Matter Expert for our digital solutions designed to improve the end-to-end device experience.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- The Product Director of Device Lifecycle owns the product solutions, which enable Assurant’s end-to-end device lifecycle services via the Pocket Geek platform.
- The device lifecycle services include, but are not limited to, the front-end funnel for purchase & onboarding of device protection via Pocket Geek, device troubleshooting and optimization, the remote certification of devices, and enabling the backend trade-in and upgrade transactions.
- The Product Director will drive the vision & strategy of our digital device lifecycle capabilities, its delivery, execution and business operations across the organization. This includes the discovery, opportunity assessment, & strategic canvass for the desired solution(s)
- In solutioning the opportunity, the Product Director will work closely with clients and the Product Owner of Device Lifecyle to navigate and manage the build & partner approach to our solution and work with the necessary internal and external development resources to achieve the objective.
- Help set and drive the device lifecycle product strategy and new business opportunities internally and with key partners.
- Work closely with supply chain, asset disposition, and repair organizations with the goal of improving the customer/client experience and service operations through new digital services and capabilities.
- Define partnership/market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product/program performance, aggregate feedback, & explore new strategic opportunities.
- The PM will deliver Product requirements, functional requirements, lead RFPs and RFIs, user story development, & product documentation.
- Track, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends as they relate to program performance.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business, technical, and policy issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- The Director is also responsible for the development of the Go-To-Market, which includes the product, pricing, placement, and packaging of the solution.
- Will work directly with our clients and internal resources to drive our solutions to market, which includes helping lead technical, operational, and business discussions as needed, and drive product demos.
- Will have two direct reports at a later phase.
- Extensive internal and external stakeholder management.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Must have 8+ years of experience in Consumer Electronics Product Management, Operations, or Reverse Logistics.
- Operational improvement experience driving innovation in large-scale operations, supply chain, ecommerce, or mobile.
- Have experience in evaluating and solving complex business challenges, through new digital services or customer journeys.
- Experience in strategic partnering relationships and maintaining and negotiating new and existing contracts, company evaluations.
- Experience performing cost/benefit analysis, forecasting, analyzing risk/reward tradeoffs, optimization, and making decisions in a highly-ambiguous and ever-changing environment.
- Proven ability to drive decisions through consumer insights, business intelligence, and analytics
- This position requires high levels of creativity, strategic thinking and leadership skills to identify and drive initiatives, while working cross-functionally with our Supply Chain, Repair, Product, Engineering, Marketing and Sales Teams.
- Analytical mindset, fact-based decision maker with a strong track record of negotiation skills with value outcomes
- Have proven and demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and manage executive level relationships with little to no direction.
- Have exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Assurant.
- Have a highly organized working style: ability to handle and manage multiple projects simultaneously through a systematic approach.
- Comfortable communicating with VP-level decision makers; ability to speak and present effectively before the appropriate audience; experience communicating expectations and requirements with business and technology teams through presentations and written proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business management required
- Skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word is critical.
- Up to 25% travel will be required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, MBA or Technical Field.
- Experience streamlining and improving operations through digital transformation or launching new digital customer journeys.
- Strong understanding of supply chain and repair of consumer electronic devices (Mobile preferred).
- Solution engineering experience a plus.
- Experience enhancing and developing new digital solutions; strong technical background and experience partnering with digital and application teams.
- Experience delivering services through 3rd party partnerships.
- Subject matter expert on mobile reverse logistics with broad industry knowledge.
- Global experience a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish, able to speak fluently is highly desired.
- Hunger for challenge and opportunity.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.