Associate UnderwriterApply Location Scottsdale, Arizona Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89686
Assurant is seeking an Associate Underwriter for the Scottsdale, AZ office with the opportunity to work remote from home!
We have an opening for an Associate Underwriter (Flood Underwriter I) in our Scottsdale, AZ offices and is responsible for underwriting applications based on the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) rules and regulations. The Associate Underwriter will evaluate the risk to determine whether this risk is rated correctly. In addition, the Associate Underwriter will analyze and collect all pertinent information needed to issue the policy and is responsible for re-rating the risk to meet proper company and federal guidelines. There will be direct contact with clients and customers by phone, email, fax and mail. The Associate Underwriter will be responsible for responding to and staying within set Company and NFIP requirements.
- Assess customer needs
- Work with customers to answer questions or resolve issues
- Completes payment, claim reporting and inquiries from calls
- Keeping current on NFIP program changes
- Underwriting and issuing Flood policies
- Assist Insurance Agents with Flood quoting process as well as any other underwriting needs.
The Associate Underwriter will receive 3 to 6 months of paid on the job training that includes personalized training plans and mentors. This specialized training will help well round your insurance knowledge in the fast-growing Flood segment of the insurance industry.
The hours of operation for this role are 7:00am-4:00pm with the possibility of additional hours required
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 years of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) experience.
- Strong phone skills and ability to handle inbound calls.
- Determines level of risk based on well-established guidelines and can approve policies issued as standard.
- Applies underwriting and risk selection techniques to determine the acceptability of new and renewal insurance risk.
- Responds to inquiries regarding underwriting processes and decisions, interpretation of policy forms and coverage’s, and premium levels.
- Uses clear guidelines, an underwriting manual, and established authority levels. Makes independent decision within guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to handle basic and routine task.
- Ability to follows standard procedures to perform tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced high volume team based environment
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude through a friendly and outgoing phone voice
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in data entry and using 10-key
- Able to type 40 words per minute
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Agency license (Property & Casualty)
- Basic understanding of NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) Program a plus
- College degree a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.