Insurance Specialist I - ScottsdaleApply Location Scottsdale, Arizona Requisition Number 55717
As an Insurance Specialist, you'll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem solving ability to efficiently and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. We are looking for an energetic person who will be responsible for providing exceptional front line customer service to our policyholders and clients. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment, this is the career for you!
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries in a high volume inbound call center environment via telephone or in writing. This position will receive 70 to 100 calls per day.
- Supporting processing functions such as issuing insurance policies, certificates, endorsements, and cancellations for clients, customers, and agents.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving customer and client processing problems or errors that include department premium discrepancies and system problems.
- Communicating with external clients as well as internal departments.
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm MST or 8:00 am to 5:00 pm MST.
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs and basic data entry skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- 1 year customer service experience in a high call volume environment
- Property and Casualty knowledge and/or agency experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License.
- Call center experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages.
Company Benefits & Scottsdale Site Perks
Assurant provides a range of competitive compensation and benefit programs to support you and your family.
- Retirement planning, employer matching (With our 401(k) plan, after 30 days of service, you may contribute up to 50 percent of your pay to your 401(k) plan. We match 100 percent of every dollar, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
- Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, dependent day care FSA, health and wellbeing programs
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement, professional development, flex time
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (You can purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount through after-tax payroll deductions)
Scottsdale Site Perks:
- Convenient location off 101
- Conveniently located near Odyssey Aquarium, AZ Diamondbacks Spring training facility, Great Wolf Lodge, as well several restaurant options
- Free parking (covered parking for a fee)
- Relaxed-casual dress environment
- Steve’s Café on site
- Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Free Yearly Wellness review
- On-site flu shots
- Quarterly stress massages
- Free fitness center
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.