Sr. Customer Care Specialist (Remote) - Flood
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Sr. Customer Care Specialist (Remote) - FloodApply Requisition Number R-89171
Even with the pandemic, Assurant is continuing to interview & hire! We are taking extra measures to keep everyone safe through the pandemic. We are conducing virtual interviews and allowing our new hires to complete training from home.
This position will be 100% remote if you have recent call center experience. However, if you live within a commutable distance to our Scottsdale office, it could be requested for you to return to being onsite.
The Customer Care Specialist is a key position within our growing Flood Solutions Team! As a Customer Service Professional, you will be the voice of our organization and of our clients. But, more than that, you’ll also be a voice of compassion and care. Acting as the customer’s primary point of contact, you’ll listen, solve problems, answer questions and work with them to find a resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and you enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
What You Will Enjoy
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
What You Will Be Doing
Assist client/customer with questions, quotes, claim reporting, completing payments and processing
- Based on interpretation, make decisions on cancellation and endorsement eligibility and what effective date should be used
- Assist with quoting for endorsements, renewals and new business for all but Elevation Certificate rated policies
- Review, process or deny premium bearing endorsements including coverage changes and deductible changes based on interpretation of documentation received, receipt dates and FEMA rules
Research to determine reason for items such as premium changes, coverage shortages/changes, missing underwriting documentation, system errors, pending policies.
We are looking for a dynamic associate that can work various schedules within our hours of operations. Customer Care hours are between 8:00am to 8:00pm EST Monday through Friday.
What We Need You To Have (Qualifications)
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Must have 2 to 3 years of Flood call center experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls
- Learning agility focused
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to work in a remotely in your home office. You will be required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Our Scottsdale office is located at: 8655 East Via De Ventura Scottsdale, AZ 85258.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.