Sr. Customer Care Specialist
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Sr. Customer Care SpecialistApply Requisition Number 51895
Customer Care Specialist - Flood Knowledge Required
The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however, mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication. Generally uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, making payments, supplying documentation and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer. Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action. Obtains basic understanding of underwriting requirements and/or researching resources to assist the client/customer with questions, payments, processing and basic quotes. Most of these activities follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Required to know basics of Flood and interpret manual wording and have the ability to explain rules of flood insurance including effective dates, cancellation reasons and documentation requirements to callers/chatters
- Assist client/customer with questions, quotes, claim reporting, completing payments and processing.
- Utilize strong problem solving skills and de-escalation techniques.
- Assist with quoting for endorsements, renewals and new business for all but Elevation Certificate rated policies
- Process or deny cancellations, non-premium bearing endorsements and Primary Process primary residence endorsements based on interpretation of manual.
- Contact agents for denial of process, additional items needed, review of FEMA regulations
- Responsible to maintain workflow and pending tasks
- Research to determine reason for items such as premium changes, coverage shortages/changes, missing underwriting documentation, system errors, pending policies
- Based on interpretation, make decisions on cancellation and endorsement eligibility and what effective date should be used
- Assisting cash department with processing payments
- Helping to identify system issues
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have Flood Experience
- 1-2 years general office setting or customer service experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced high-volume team based environment
- Experience with computer and phone equipment
- Strong organization, time-management and customer service skills are a must
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude through a friendly and outgoing phone voice
- Excellent listening skills and verbal communication skills
- Capable of interpersonal skills with a collaborative team approach
- Well-versed in data entry and 10-key
- Able to type 40+ words per minute
- Familiar with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Previous experience in the insurance industry a plus
- Basic understanding of FEMA Flood Program a plus
- College degree a plus
Hours to include some overtime and weekends as required by business needs. Hours and schedule could shift as dictated by business needs.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.