Sr. Customer Care SpecialistApply Requisition Number 51895
Customer Care Specialist - Flood Knowledge Required
The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however, mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication. Generally uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, making payments, supplying documentation and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer. Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action. Obtains basic understanding of underwriting requirements and/or researching resources to assist the client/customer with questions, payments, processing and basic quotes. Most of these activities follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Required to know basics of Flood and interpret manual wording and have the ability to explain rules of flood insurance including effective dates, cancellation reasons and documentation requirements to callers/chatters
- Assist client/customer with questions, quotes, claim reporting, completing payments and processing.
- Utilize strong problem solving skills and de-escalation techniques.
- Assist with quoting for endorsements, renewals and new business for all but Elevation Certificate rated policies
- Process or deny cancellations, non-premium bearing endorsements and Primary Process primary residence endorsements based on interpretation of manual.
- Contact agents for denial of process, additional items needed, review of FEMA regulations
- Responsible to maintain workflow and pending tasks
- Research to determine reason for items such as premium changes, coverage shortages/changes, missing underwriting documentation, system errors, pending policies
- Based on interpretation, make decisions on cancellation and endorsement eligibility and what effective date should be used
- Assisting cash department with processing payments
- Helping to identify system issues
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have Flood Experience
- 1-2 years general office setting or customer service experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced high-volume team based environment
- Experience with computer and phone equipment
- Strong organization, time-management and customer service skills are a must
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude through a friendly and outgoing phone voice
- Excellent listening skills and verbal communication skills
- Capable of interpersonal skills with a collaborative team approach
- Well-versed in data entry and 10-key
- Able to type 40+ words per minute
- Familiar with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Previous experience in the insurance industry a plus
- Basic understanding of FEMA Flood Program a plus
- College degree a plus
Hours to include some overtime and weekends as required by business needs. Hours and schedule could shift as dictated by business needs.
Request an Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.