Sr. Service Center Specialist
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Sr. Service Center SpecialistApply Requisition Number R-84725
What is a Senior Service Center Specialist?
A Senior Service CenterSpecialist within customer service believes in engagement, patience and ability to drive results. Dynamic in their approach; supporting customers to deliver on our promise to protect what matters most to us, is a daily objective. Serving our customers at Assurant isn’t defined by a procedure manual. A Service Center Specialist employs an adaptive and fluid work ethic. One that allows a proactive approach while adjusting to changes when necessary.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love providing frontline support to clients and customers
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You are naturally comfortable exercising discretion when interpreting policies
- You treat others with dignity and respect and consider the benefits and risks to clients within the business when addressing issues
- You are comfortable dealing with conflict and providing specific feedback
- You go above and beyond in your role because you want to, not because you have to
- You are a change agent
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
- Competitive salary
- This is a Customer Care Specialist role where you are responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This support is typically done through receiving and placing calls, however, mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication
- The customer care team uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, supplying documentation and/or troubleshooting the items raised by the client/customer
- This role requires a high level of engagement with people and developing strong relationships with our clients and other leaders across the organization
- The role requires you to take initiative while obtaining a basic understanding of underwriting requirements and /or researching to assist the client/customer with questions, payments processing and basic quotes.
- We are looking for a dynamic associate that can work various schedules within our hours of operations. Service Center hours are from 8 am until 8 pm Monday through Friday Eastern Time.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- We provide a fun and engaging work environment committed to helping our community
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 2-3 years of related experience in the function or similar activity outside the company.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Passion for people and a desire to be the best
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire others
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative thinker who anticipates and solves problems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced high volume team based environment
- Familiar with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to type 40+ words per minute
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
·Minimum of one year of experience as a Customer Service Representative in a call center environment
·Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer skills including experience moving between multiple computer screens while entering data
·Knowledge of the insurance industry
·Property and Casualty license is a plus
·Bilingual a plus
Hours to include some overtime and weekends as required by business needs.
Hours and schedule could shift as dictated by business needs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.