Field Claims Adjuster - REMOTEApply Location Springfield, Illinois Requisition Number R-87476
Assurant is seeking a SR Field Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL for a remote position
Field Claims Adjusters are the face of Assurant Specialty Property to the insured to make sure they are compensated correctly according to their policy when they experience damage or loss. If you are focused on customer service, enjoy helping people and can make decisions in the best interests of the insured and the company, this may be the job for you.
A Field Claims Adjuster uses their fact-finding skills to investigate, adjust, and settle claims independently with a high degree of accuracy and handle the more complex and/or challenging activity. They work independently out of a home office and will spend significant portion of time on-site investigating and settling claims. They also are responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity. Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. They will enjoy working with customers face to face, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements. Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth. Catastrophe bonus pay opportunities are available. Business expenses, including home office set-up costs, will be reimbursed. We also provide a company vehicle, reimburse travel expenses, and provide a monthly cell phone allowance.
Special Considerations: Physical demands of the job include working in extreme weather conditions and the ability to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl when necessary. A Field Claims Adjuster’s territory can include a variety of neighborhoods, some of which may be in less than desirable areas, with properties of varying degrees of disrepair.
An Adjuster’s license may be required for states in which the Field Claims Adjuster performs their job. If needed, Assurant will assist you in obtaining the license within a specified time frame and cover any related expenses.
Job Primary Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Determines covered loss by meeting with insured, inspecting losses, interpreting policy coverage, and explaining coverage for two product lines.
- Provides claim information by documenting claims transactions and preparing and forwarding reports.
- Documents damages and loss by obtaining cost/prices and preparing estimates.
- Completes claim by investigating the facts and reaching agreements with insured, claimants, and their representatives up to specified authority.
- Field Claims Adjusters are equipped to complete inspection assignments while at the customer’s property and will utilize technology that provides access to all applications needed to conclude claims on-site, including the coverage analysis, completing the estimate of damage and initiating payment, including EFT were applicable.
- Performs in the role of an Inside Adjuster. Conducts desk investigations, evaluations and disposition of coverage and damage issues on claims inspected by Independent Adjusters. Recognizes and documents subrogation and salvage opportunities and refers them to the correct area. Issue payment or deny claim in accordance with policy conditions and quoting policy language to the correct parties in a timely manner within authority level and seek approval when above authority. Reviews and audits estimates received for accuracy.
- Maintains a high accuracy rate within all duties and accountabilities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year face-to-face customer service experience
- Minimum of two years property claims adjusting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of construction basics
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Ability to mediate disagreements and resolve differences of opinion to achieve win-win outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Poised and professional demeanor
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.