Lead Customer Care Team
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Lead Customer Care TeamApply Requisition Number R-87130
Assurant is seeking a Customer Care Team Lead for the Springfield, OH facility
The Customer CareFamily is responsible for:
- For providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers.
- This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead, organize, motivate and coordinate the day to day work flow activities of associates that perform the duties required of a Customer Care Specialist or Sr. Customer Care Specialist to ensure deadlines/SLA's are met
- Act as a Team Lead for department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist with inbound/outbound activity and/or assigned projects
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments in the company
- Utilize knowledge of team, procedures, trending and call center reporting to recommend process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Ability to work in multi-client/functional environment
- Assist in developing revised standards and methods
- Handle highly escalated supervisory type calls and other temporary assignments
- Mentor team based on low production or quality results.
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross training initiatives, in addition to the creation and facilitation of training, as needed.
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
This position will be from 12-9
- High school diploma/GED required
- Knowledge of all of the duties of the Customer Care Specialist and Sr. Customer Care Specialist positions
- Strong computer skills, (ability to create, edit and analyze spreadsheets)
- Advanced skills at effective listening and communication (verbal/written) with internal and external personnel/customers/clients
- Lead for Customer Care procedures, call processing & soft skill techniques.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and plan to meet goals
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Works well in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Ability to easily adapt well to change and encourage others to do the same
- Works well in team environment and as an individual contributor
- Expert skills in thinking outside of the box to resolve complex/escalated problems
- Ability to effectively relay accurate and detailed information to various parties via in-bound and out-bound telephone calls, in team meetings, training sessions, and our clients.
- 3 years customer service in an insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.