Security ManagerApply Location Springfield, Ohio Requisition Number 56392
The Corporate Security Manager is the senior security leader who oversees, and manages, security functions, programs, and operations to include emergency and crisis response, threat escalations, personnel and event security at the designated Company site or location. The Security Manager’s purpose is to proactively and effectively ensure the security, safety of people (employees, contractors, visitors and customers); the protection of the business, related assets, sensitive areas such data centers and critical infrastructure; protection of the physical structure and property; responsible for the access control of people, conveyances, products, items entering/exiting the site and property; security technology; and directly support the business leaders and stakeholders at the Company site.The Security Manager will proactively lead insider/outsider threat, risk scenarios at the Company site or location, in coordination with other stakeholders such as HR, Legal. The Security Manager is the primary point of contact with all levels of law enforcement to include all emergency management personnel, and first responders during emergency and crisis scenarios. He/she is expected to pursue professional relationships, liaison and training opportunities with these entities. This position is responsible for identifying, managing and implementing both immediate, medium and long near-term security needs of the site and organization. In addition, the Security Manager will help plan and execute regular site security vulnerability assessments and audits to gauge the current state of security, and mitigate threats/risks, identify required security technologies or develop training as needed. Conduct preliminary investigations, and more in-depth investigations as needed.
This leadership position has strong business and communication skills; is able to engage with diverse populations, build collaborative relationships while inspiring and leading teams; is also adept at engaging and influencing leaders, stakeholders alike. The Security Manager will implement tactical, investigative and operations to mitigate threats via additional security services and if needed law enforcement. The Security Manager has very able administrative skills and will author security procedures, processes as needed while also measuring established key metric performance indices, strategic and operational requirements. The Security Manager will drive and champion the security culture, brand while promoting the security department within the Company site and organization by exhibiting a high level of integrity, professionalism, conduct and accountability.
- Proactive, engaged leadership, management, facilitator and enabler of security professionals, which includes work allocation, mentorship and problem resolution; evaluates performance, makes recommendations for personnel actions and accountability; proactively motivates employees to achieve peak productivity, performance and effectiveness while building trust– 20%
- Oversees and manages, monitors, and audits/evaluates-immediate, medium- and long term- security programs and functions to include security management, personnel, structure (property)technology & systems, threat escalations & mitigation, asset protection, crisis & emergency management-20%
- Performs, manages, effectively delegates day-to-day security operations of the assigned Company site or location to ensure that strategies, policies, procedures and governance are being complied with; that goals and objectives are met and supported; develops protocols independently, and with stakeholders, to ensure seamless security processes across the enterprise; supports business and enterprise wide compliance, regulatory requirements and audits; develops consistent training security modules & table top exercises – 15%
- Develops mutual, candid, collaborative and influential relationships with Company site leadership, stakeholders and associates across the business and enterprise; develops collaborative, close and working relationships and programs with all levels of law enforcement and first responders within area of Company site or location- 15%
- Manages, monitors budget expenditures; regularly reports and analyzes security program results, assessments, project status with tangible metrics; forecasts anticipated requirements, needs; manages proactively security services and ensures that contractual strategic, operational and KPIs are being met, adhered to-15%
- Directly, enthusiastically, promotes the security risk brand by leading by example, with integrity, transparency, professionalism; leads by influence, is integrative, mindful; sensitizes and provides counsel to leadership and stakeholders on security related matters; seeks to share expertise, best practices and contribute via various committees and forums-15%
- Three (3) to six (6) shift supervisors, or direct reports, per a 8 hour shift depending on the Company site or location; each shift is comprised of 3 to 20 security officers depending on the Company site or location Expense budget management for Company site or location of security services to include invoicing.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5 years minimum experience as a corporate security, law enforcement, or military manager. A combination of all three would be acceptable.
- 8-10 years minimum experience in corporate security, U.S. law enforcement, or U.S. military. A combination of all three would be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong, balanced, inclusive leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated history, knowledge, of threat incident escalation (actions/response) programs involving people safety, structure (property) and reducing impact to organizations’ reputation
- Able to obtain a concealed weapon carry permit
- Established history of collaboration and team building, development
- Development of security related training utilizing technology
- Experience developing and managing imminent threat, active shooter, programs
- Understanding and fluency of cost benefit analysis
- Understanding of law enforcement organizational protocols
- Knowledge of workplace violence prevention programs
- Able to develop law enforcement and first responder relationships
- Understanding of federal, state and local criminal, civil procedures and laws
- Strong fluency with Microsoft programs and general computer skills
- Able to develop precise, informative power point presentations
- Budgeting experience and management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experiencing leading crisis, emergency scenarios
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Ability to drive projects efficiently, on a timely basis
- Sound business acumen
- Graduate level education MA, MS or MBA
Preferred certifications, but not a requirement:
- CPP, PSP
- Expert security management skills
- Expert investigative, operational capabilities
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.