Unit Manager - Customer CareApply Requisition Number 48647
Note: Customer Care hours are from 8am until 12am Monday thru Friday and 8am to 8pm on Saturday. Looking for dynamic leaders to work various schedules within these hours of operations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Coordinate workflow and ensure client standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Train and develop employees, communicate performance expectations, and manage for results.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Participate in the administration and monitoring of an operational budget, which may include payroll tracking and managing staffing levels.
- Participate in client meetings and/or regulatory audits. Obtain feedback on the performance of the work group and make appropriate adjustments to ensure client requirements are met.
- Monitor ongoing quality standards for employees/team and promote culture of continuous improvement.
- Investigate and appropriately address client inquiries, complaints and/or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards and implement any necessary procedural changes.
- Maintain the accuracy of client performance reports.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase operational skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborates with management/leadership regarding process, staff, client needs and service levels. May also back up operations manager as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years supervisory experience managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, influence others, and negotiate a win-win
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and results-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Ability to innovate and improve processes as needed
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in mortgage servicing, customer service, retail banking, hazard insurance processing or production driven environment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Working knowledge of mortgage servicing systems
- Knowledge of ADP system or other time management tools
Request and Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.