Assistant ActuaryApply Requisition Number 52683
- Assist with drafting new memorandums and other business communications with logical structure and minimal assistance
- Understands various data sources and gathers data appropriately; prepares projections and applies detail from management recommendations and industry trends which may affect analysis
- Develop new tools or information sources that enhance the collection and analysis of information
- Probe to understand report requesters' needs, appropriately adjusts methodologies as necessary using a wide range of techniques; suggest alternative approaches
- Recommend solutions to translate financial projections into business metrics; aware of area productivity, processes, & business profitability
- Lead development of product pricing and direct the implementation of rates after the completion of the pricing cycle.
- Assist in evaluating senior management initiatives to maximize potential company financial position improvement.
- Interact with state insurance departments, auditors, and functional areas regarding business processes, gaps, & improvements
- Develop methods to improve system & data quality and recommend measures for revisions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial Science or related field
- 3 or more years of Actuarial business experience.
- SAS, R or other statistical programming experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills, including presenting to non-technical audiences
- Successful attainment of ACAS or FCAS certification and membership preferred.
- 4 or more years of Actuarial business experience preferred.
- Advance knowledge of most recent version of Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Warranty or related experience is a plus.
- High level of technical proficiency in the actuarial field to apply experience, actuarial and statistical techniques to detect, interpret, and anticipate financial experience, market position, and general business environment changes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations with less than complete information.
- High degree of financial operations related technical expertise, together with an understanding of the financial interactions between various business operations, and a strong focus on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to grasp and utilize economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.