Business Development Director; Supply ChainApply Location Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey Requisition Number R-88655
Business Development Director
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Reporting to the director of Repair and Service Supply Chain, you will secure new business in the Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain Market and to Develop new client base for Supply Chain Europe with a focus on, MNO, MVNO, OEM’S and Retail
Other responsibilities include;
- Lead and direct our strategy creation to realise Assurant Supply Chain vision and create sustainable customer, client and value
- Enhance organisational capability to build and protect value, ensuring shareholder return is maximised
- Establish investment criteria and the strategic change narrative
- Establish business excellence and quality standards that establish market “norms and benchmarks”
- Ensure lawful, regulatory & ethical integrity of business
You will have the following skills;
- Experience as Business Development Director or other relevant role
- Experience sales or marketing and managing relationships with clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a well thought-out mindset
- The ability to build teams and inspire people.
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website.
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.