Data Engineering InternApply Location Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey Requisition Number R-89293
Data Engineering Intern
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are looking for Computer Science or Engineering undergraduates/graduates to join our 'Data Engineering' team under our Global Data Analytics organisation for our internship programme.
What We Bring to you:
- A welcome environment that encourages collaboration and new ideas. We explore new technologies.
- Workplace flexibility and an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of positive coaching and mindful mentoring.
- Assurant's culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Impact You'll Make:
- Help continue to build hyperscale data engineering platform
- Implement data centric web applications to implement Machine Learning and AI solutions
- Help with development and deployment of 'Data as a Service'
You will have the following skills;
- Undergraduate or Graduate in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data toolsets and the ability to apply them
- Experience with Big Data, Machine Learning and AI technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Platforms such as: Microsoft Azure (preferred), Amazon Wes Services, Google Cloud Platform or any other.
- Knowledge or Experience as full-stack application developer: backend database, web services, and UI
- Knowledge or Experience on distributed data platforms, like Spark (highly preferred), Hadoop, and HBase
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.