Sr EngineerApply Location Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-87567
Remote Working Available
Senior Network Engineer
Remote Working Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. Following the merger of Assurant and The Warranty Group in May 2018, we need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Based in our European HQ in Crewe, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues; you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
The Sr. Network Engineer’s primary role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the voice, data, and video systems and infrastructure that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing secure data connectivity solutions across the organization. In addition, the Sr. Network Engineer will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all voice, data, software, and communication links. Finally, this individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- The Sr. Network Engineer leads and/or participates in design, build, implementation and test functions for complex enterprise infrastructure projects to support network, telecommunications, security (network related) and infrastructure appliance technologies (i.e. Cisco Nexus, F5, Palo Altos, Cisco ASA’s and SSL VPN). This includes research, build, implementation, testing and test plans, documenting standards, creating support documentation, following documented processes and training of other resources within voice and data services
- Provide Tier III and IV technical support and in-depth problem analysis capabilities. Includes on-call and off hours support and interaction with key vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for work direction of other voice and data services staff as requested
- Maintains relationships with key vendors and partners
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
Extensive experience with 3 or more of the following areas:
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Wide Area Networking equipment, mediums, and protocols including edge routers, firewalls, MPLS, and Ethernet.
- Wireless LAN equipment and technologies including controllers and access points
- Network Security including Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection / Prevention, and Network Access Control technology
- IP converged networks
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our career’s website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.