Sr Technical Support Engineer Electronic File TransferApply Location Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey Requisition Number R-87942
Senior Technical Engineer
Remote Working Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. Following the merger of Assurant and The Warranty Group in May 2018, we need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
This job is responsible for the administration and support of secure electronic file transfers for Assurant business applications
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Oversee installation and configuration of Globalscape EFT, MoveIT, Connect Direct,
Secure Plus, PGP and other file transfer software on various operating systems.
- Provide new file transfer configuration and support services for Application Teams,
Clients, Account Executives and Business Analysts, on EFT Platforms
- Monitoring and troubleshooting failed file transmissions.
- Participate in special projects where file transfer services are needed
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Expert knowledge of Globalscape EFT, MoveIT and Connect: Direct (z/OS and Windows)
- Management of Windows server operating systems. (examples services, registry, Active Directory and general server administration)
- SQL Knowledge (executing queries database navigation)
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripts
- Participate in software installation and configuration of Globalscape EFT, Connect Direct, Secure Plus on various operating systems.
- Provide high-level file transfer technical support to remote users, Account Managers, Vendor Management, programmers and various staff, in applications such as Globalscape EFT, MoveIT and Connect Direct
- Monitor and troubleshoot problems encountered when file transfers are unsuccessful.
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.