Associate Customer Contact & Ops Specialist
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Associate Customer Contact & Ops SpecialistApply Requisition Number R-87641
This position is responsible for front line, direct contact with clients and customers while providing overall excellent customer service and problem resolution in the VPS Contact Center. The Specialist duties may include processing file loads and/or data entry while maintaining data integrity for all incoming transactions such as enrollments, client contracts, cancellations, transfers, registration, payments and claims. Contact with clients and customers may include inbound/outbound communication via phone, email, fax, mail or chat. This position reports to the Customer Contact and Operations Support Supervisor of the center and receives varying levels of supervision depending on level within the Customer Contact and Operations Support Specialist Job Family (I-IV).
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 or more years of experience in a call center or customer contact environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors and other employees of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions & Microsoft Windows XP or later versions
- Previous experience as a team leader or trainer in an office, call center, or customer contact environment
- 620, 440, or other applicable and relevant licenses or certifications
- Hours for this role are 11 AM - 8 PM CST with a day off during the week and Saturday 8 AM - 5 PM CST
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.