Security EngineerApply Location Tallahassee, Florida Requisition Number R-89305
The Security Engineer is responsible for supporting various IT Security technologies and platforms. The candidate will support security engineering efforts, compliance efforts around industry regulations and standards, security control building, and IT security infrastructure support.
The candidate must have strong understanding of security infrastructure components, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, have the ability to perform problem resolution, and make process improvements.
50% - IT Security Systems Support
Provide technical support for IT Security platforms (Intrusion Preventions, Endpoint Security, Database Security, etc).
Help monitoring IT Security platforms for performance and compliance.
Research and determine root cause for IT Security platforms events and incidents.
Identify and inform manager of any issues, concerns, and/or vulnerabilities.
Document technical finding using the enterprise ticket system.
Support all other IT security tasks assigned by management.
25% - Support and maintain systems and processes related to IT security.
Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved controls to keep Assurant current with industry standards and compliance requirements.
Collaboration with other Assurant teams and industry groups on IT Security issues.
Participate in internal and external IT audit activities.
25% - Project Support
Provide support for IT Security projects.
Participate in meetings required for each project.
Provide help to other Security Analyst.
Provide manager with a status reports for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Security, or IT related degree.
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 2+ years is an IT security role.
- Professional certification(s)are an asset (CEH, Security+, etc).
- Experience as a Security Analyst is preferred.
- Knowledge of IT controls and processes.
- Experience supporting one or more enterprise class security tool (Anti-Virus, SIEM, Intrusion Prevention, etc).
- Experience contributing to projects and multi-tasking with diverse groups and locations.
- Knowledge of IT systems, application, infrastructure, network components and processes.
- Effective as a member of a virtual team.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.