Senior Manager Asset ManagementApply Location Toronto, Ontario Requisition Number R-84944
What is a Senior Manager of Asset Management at Assurant?
You will be responsible for the asset lifecycle management of Assurant in Canada. This includes management of device forecasting, device purchasing, device disposition, and managing system platforms such as GHOST and Red Dot. You will have the responsibility to manage day to day device pricing and selling KPIs to ensure program profitability.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- You will leverage industry expertise to build global buyer and seller network to support asset purchasing and disposition.
- Effectively manage the entire asset purchasing and or disposition functions for all mobile device protection, trade-in, upgrade, and inclusive programs
- Proactively recruit new qualifying vendors and support the onboarding process
- Responsible for executing strategy for asset purchasing and asset disposition in alignment with agreed upon KPIs/financial targets
- Responsible for managing device/parts recycling and salvage activities; working in collaboration with staff at ATNE
- Proactively engage in 3rd party vendor planning process to develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones to achieve operating and revenue objectives
- Manage potential channel conflict with device disposition by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Ensure vendor compliance with Assurant and or client agreements and policies
- Collaborating with US team to manage device pricing, performance dashboards and reporting for client programs
- Providing monthly device market valuation for book value adjustments
- Developing and managing internal dashboard and reporting to track program financial performance
- Provide day to day support to direct reports
- Train, mentor and develop staff based on performance plan goals and objectives
- This job has day to day accountability for all asset purchasing and disposition activities which drives program financial performance
- 10 years of repair centre and or mobile device management experience; having comprehensive understanding of value drivers specific to supply chain and asset disposition activities
- 5 years’ experience working with ERP software
- Candidate should have experience working with all type of smartphones, tablets and consumer electronics from a repair and disposition perspective
- Candidate should have strong working knowledge of OEM device design and manufacturing process
- 10% travel will be required
- Strategic thinker, someone who has a solid understanding of industry drivers, and ability to evaluate market opportunities
- Effective analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to act independently and take the lead, as required
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate across functional business teams
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- University degree in business, finance, and or engineering
- 10 years of experience within the telecom/repair industry; directly supporting wireless OEMs, carriers and or retailers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.