Associate Software EngineerApply Location Wayne, Pennsylvania Additional Locations: Atlanta,Georgia; Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-90178
Associate Software Engineer - Cloud Technology
We are hiring an Associate Software Engineer - Cloud Technology in Wayne, PA, Atlanta, GA or Miami, FL.
Assurant’s Connected Living Technology team is looking for strong solution focused engineers to move our organization to the next level. The business lines we support have experienced explosive growth over the last few years and we are currently looking to expand our teams that deliver market leading, cloud based technology solutions in the supply chain, protection services, asset recovery and asset disposition domains.
The Associate Software Engineer designs, codes features and automated test files for multi-platform applications functions, services, and other related software components. The incumbent contributes technical solutions for the Claims application while acquiring application expertise, using SOLID principles. The incumbent plans, organizes and coordinates his/her daily activities or tasks for the Agile Scrum team and Agile SAFe methodologies. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient application of currently relevant and appropriate Cloud (Azure) technology in the development of quality products within the constraints of time and budget. The Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of the highest complexity
- Design/develop Cloud based system/applications and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Develop automated quality assurance and unit testing to achieve quality objectives
- Implement Cloud, DevOps. solutions
- Provide system support
- Produce daily activities/tasks of the team backlog
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
Basic Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent related practical experience of 1 to 2 years of technology experience
- Hands on expertise in the Microsoft stack of technologies and Azure tools.
- GIT Hub, Jenkins, Terraform, Kibana, Cosmos
- Extensive experience in multi-platform development principles including solid understanding of structured and Object-Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Proficient in targeted languages and utilities for both legacy and non-legacy environments
- Thorough comprehension of methodologies and development concepts for mainframe and Windows and Web-based Services
- Requires analysis skills for the highest risk technical problems and solutions.
- Requires an understanding of business/operational goals and the ability to create platforms and applications that successfully integrate into company operations.
- Must possess the willing to be coached, mentored and develop technology skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn and apply flexible, open-minded problem-solving techniques to highly complex projects.
- Requires the ability to effectively manage expectations, high-risk issues, and complex tasks and assignments.
- Requires the ability to analyze issues, deal with ambiguity, and make sound, timely decisions with less than complete information.
- Training, mentoring and knowledge-sharing skills in both individual and group settings
- Ability to apply flexible, open-minded problem solving and analysis
- Ability to perform work and drive for results, even in highly ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead technical teams through the development process
- Passion for quality and high coding standards, with exposure to automated unit testing
- Desire to be part of a TEAM that solves problems and provide Solutions.
- Experience working in an insurance-based claims systems
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Cellular Phone industry is a plus
Team & Office Details:
- Our offices are located in Wayne, PA, Miami FL and Atlanta GA
- You'll be working with 25+ local/onsite and off-shore Engineering Teams in a collaborative/fast-paced environment
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.