Lead Software Engineer (.NET)Apply Requisition Number 53092
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of the highest complexity
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Perform quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Implement solutions
- Provide system support
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the Team
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent related practical experience
- 7+ years of Software Development experience
- Hands on expertise in the Microsoft stack of technologies with a focus on C#.Net, ASP.Net, WCF Services, SQL Server, SOAP, XML.
- Extensive experience in multi-platform development principles including solid understanding of structured and Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Proficient programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for both legacy and non-legacy environments
- Thorough comprehension of methodologies and development concepts for mainframe and Windows and Web-based Services
- Requires analysis and architectural skills for the highest risk technical problems and solutions.
- Requires an understanding of business/operational goals and the ability to create platforms and applications that successfully integrate into company operations.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn and apply flexible, open-minded problem solving techniques to highly complex projects.
- Requires the ability to effectively manage expectations, high-risk issues, and complex tasks and assignments.
- Requires the ability to analyze issues, deal with ambiguity, and make sound, timely decisions with less than complete information.
- Training, mentoring and knowledge-sharing skills in both individual and group settings
- Ability to apply flexible, open-minded problem solving and analysis
- Ability to perform work and drive for results, even in highly ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead technical teams through the development process
- Passion for quality and high coding standards, with exposure to automated unit testing
- Desire to be part of a TEAM that solves problems.
- Experience working in an insurance based claims systems
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Cellular Phone industry is a plus
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.