Production Support Analyst (Business Analyst)Apply Location Wayne, Pennsylvania Requisition Number 56316
- Acts as the customer / IT liaison when system problems are reported. (25%)
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications; deals with the most complex system problem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution. (25%)
- Supports the user in testing the resolution of the system problems to ensure quality of the outcome. (15%)
- Ensures that new solutions implemented in the system are documented and communicated across the Production Support team. (10%)
- Provide training and guidance to other BSAs in the Production Support team. (10%)
- Propose process improvements for departmental processes, or for operational processes (i.e. system enhancements) (15%)
- 5+ years of progressive Production Support / Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Experience in troubleshooting system problems with a variety of tools (SQL, FTP, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data and draw out the root cause of the system issues and be able to proactively provide a solution, or work with the development team closely to solve the issue
- Proficient in English: verbal and written
- Critical Thinking and Strategic Thinking Skills
- A self-starter that has the ability to liaise with end-users and provide them updates on the issues reported and obtain information from them
- Be the “go-to “person for knowledge of the department’s applications and data. Work closely with the application Development and Testing teams on complex system issues
- Experience in technologies such as Web based, Mobile Applications, Web Services based functionality and file interfaces
- Resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists. Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root-cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives and temporary solves as well.
- Coordinate production implementation issues with User community and IT. Communicate implementation timelines and tasks
- The ability to have close interaction with other teams such as Client Implementation BA teams, Quality Assurance, Development Production Support, Project Management, Release Management, and Corporate Technology is a must
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Provide client support as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- 5+ years of experience with SQL query language
- Proficiency in the use of reporting tools
- Experience executing on a lead role providing guidance to other team members at lower levels
- System Developer experience is a plus
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.