Bilingual Full Stack Engineer - RemoteApply Location Miami, Florida Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-88097
Assurant Labs is looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team as a Software Engineer with a focus on mobile app development.
Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This is a remote position.
- Excel in an ambiguous environment and be able to understand sweeping technical changes
- Identify scope creep and balance business requirements with technical needs
- Architect scalable migrations and maintain solutions with existing integrations
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and desktop clients
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Experience with .NET/C# or Ruby on Rails.
- Willingness to work in both .NET and Rails environments because we own and maintain solutions in both stacks.
- Ability to understand and integrate with multiple systems of records
- A strong foundation in object-oriented or functional programming
- Conversational fluency in Spanish (we work with engineers in Latin America that require technical collaboration in Spanish)
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Ability to demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions, pair programming exercises, and architectural designs
- Technical leadership skills with the ability to resolve ambiguity in requirements
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
- Ability to reason with and adapt to evolving development tasks and priorities
- Strong communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with Swift, Java, and/or Kotlin
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with testing frameworks like XCTest, Espresso, or Detox
- Experience with migrating large systems
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.