Manager, Software EngineeringApply Requisition Number 50646
We are looking for positive take-charge individuals to join our growing team as a Manager - Software Engineering. They will report to the Director of Engineering. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing people/demonstrated leadership experience.
- Engaging in product development and creation of solutions. This includes task planning as well as demonstrated technical abilities
- Architectural oversight over projects from concept to deployment
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning and project management skills.
- Plan Execution. Delivery of high quality products on time and within budget
- Team building/collaboration.
- Conducting design and code reviews
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 2+ years of Experience practicing agile development methodologies
- 2+ years of Experience working with multiple programming languages, platforms, and frameworks
- Ability to push the envelope for performance and reliability
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
We hope you have:
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- Experience with Git for version control
- Experience in one of the following preferred:
- iOS development (Objective-C, Swift)
- Android development (Java)
- Server side development (Ruby on Rails, Microservices)
- Specific knowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
- Application Architecture
- Software Development
- Familiarity with standard client/server architecture
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Multithreaded Application experience
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and repair of existing applications
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.