Mobile App Developer - RemoteApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-88654
Assurant Labs is looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team as a Software Engineer with a focus on mobile app development.
Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Thisis a remote position.
- Architect scalable, highly reliable product features
- Be comfortable identifying the best solution given ambiguous project requirements
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- Collaborate on Standards to elevate best practices
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Conduct design and code reviews
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields preferred; equivalent professional experience will be considered
- 4+ years experience developing mobile applications in Swift, Java, and/or Kotlin
- Experience with testing frameworks like XCTest, Espresso, or Detox
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at a time while pushing the envelope for performance and reliability
- Strong technical leadership skills with the ability to resolve ambiguity in requirements
- Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management and external teams
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
- Track record as a results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Experience practicing Agile development methodologies
- Exceptional collaborative, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hybrid mobile application technology, such as React Native, Cordova, or Ionic
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with migrating large systems
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Desire for a deep technical understanding for the problems at hand
- Ability to balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.