Financial Applications Engineer - RemoteApply Location Woodbury, Minnesota Additional Locations: United States Remote Requisition Number R-88350
The Financial Applications Engineer (Software Engineer) will provide support to Assurant’s Enterprise Financial systems and data, performing technical activities related to the database SQL efficiency and tuning, application migration and build of all components of the application including .NET code, SQL Server and Oracle packages, database changes and reports across the development landscape.
- Provide Full Infrastructure/Application support on Assurant’s ERP Financial Application and other applications in the Financial Systems application portfolio
- Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk.
- Gather, organize and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards
- Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians
- Assists in the develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
- Prepare approval of estimates of work effort and duration for assigned tasks
- Participate in the preparation of product vision and project documentation
- Integrate new ERP cloud financials.
- Drives the design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements.
- Identify software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Identify solution objects, functions, interfaces, dependencies, and integration points
- Prepare design documentation; submit for design review
- Convert basic specifications into equivalent infrastructure and application software structures
- Code and unit test as part of a development team
- Submit software products for review of compliance with best practices, standards and enterprise architecture (code review)
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives.
- Review established quality requirements and measurement metrics
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Learn, use and gain experience with testing tools and techniques
- Perform technical support activities required for execution of test plans
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
- Provide system support and of other project teams as needed
- Learn and enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform system support environments, utilities and procedures
- Provide timely, concise communication of incident status to appropriate personnel
- Document incident occurrence and resolution(s) applied using designated repositories
- Consult with staff personnel as required for effective incident resolution
- Resolve development and support issues of moderate to high complexity or risk
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise Financial ERP systems (ex: Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, JDE, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise data management tools (ex: Oracle EDM)
- Familiarity with Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems is a must
- Understanding of data conversion and system integration
- 3+ of experience working with SQL, API, ETL / SSIS, ODI, data marts, .NET, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with Enterprise Financial ERP systems
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise data management tools (ex: Oracle EDM)
- Experience working with ERP Cloud Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices of client/server and web applications, analysis, design and programming
- General estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of moderate complexity
- Strong Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate risk
- Ability to create test plans, execute testing, and document test results and defects
- Strong skills in oral and written communication, problem solving, analyzing, and leadership
- Ability to understand multiple infrastructure environments for release coordination
- Strong attention to detail and ability to independently analyze business needs and impact of a change to the production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with on-site and remote project managers, business partners, developers, architects, and QA analysts.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.