Senior AccountantApply Location Woodbury, Minnesota Requisition Number 56550
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant!
The Corporate Senior Accountant ensures and provides accurate and timely financial information to support the corporate accounting function, analytics and the quarterly close process. This includes analyzing corporate expenses, reconciling various schedules and accounts, completing journal entries and providing support to the quarterly SEC close process. The corporate senior accountant will also be required to work with both internal and external audit to ensure we have proper internal controls in place and to also provide support for the quarterly close process. This position also works closely with management to complete adhoc requests for various projects and numerous other departments across the company. This position should also cultivate a continuous improvement culture and will participate in ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced corporate environment.
The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Company’s strategy and execution by applying their knowledge and experience.
- Completes timely and accurate analytics
- Income statement analysis – Includes working with the FP&A group to promote consistency and for sharing information
- Creating and maintaining high level corporate and company-wide income statement reports
- Maintain analytic files for the department
- Help support the balance sheet analytics process
- Carries out accounting assignments that are varied and possibly difficult. Below are some examples, but not limited to:
- Lease Accounting
- Discontinued operations
- Management Reporting
- Management fees and chargebacks
- Support the quarterly and annual SEC close process
- Complete various corporate and company-wide schedules
- Support annual process for supplemental filings
- Support governance process for maintaining our ledger for external reporting
- Ensure work complies with GAAP accounting
- Interacts and provides assistance for accounting, reporting and project work performed by all of Assurant
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate management, business segments and key stakeholders
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, including SOX
- Committed to continuous learning and a continuous improvement culture
- Committed to developing best practice solutions
- Foster open communication and innovative thinking
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a finance/accounting role
- CPA a plus
- Knowledge of financial practices and GAAP accounting
- Experience working in a corporate environment or shared service organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to influence peers within the company
- Problem solving, attention to detail and results oriented
- Ability to work on multiple priorities
- Ability to work extended hours
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.