AccountantApply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-87795
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant!
The Accountant role is responsible for monitoring the accounting operations including month close, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and related accounts reconciliations /controls.
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial transactions.
- Monitor the day to day general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable activities.
- Review daily batches from Operations to ensure proper postings.
- Cross train/Backup for Accountant position duties.
- Periodic Sales Ledger Reconciliations.
- Assist with Ecommerce activity postings to the general ledger.
- Assist with Freight costs related analysis.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Month end accruals for Sales and COGS.
- Month end GLIM entries as assigned.
- Maintain complete and accurate balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline.
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department.
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls.
- Safeguard the assets of the company.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and/or a minimum 2 years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through.
- Proved experience working Excel, Power Point and Word, advanced knowledge a plus.
- Critical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel.
- Financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Experience in relational databases such as Access or Cognos preferred.
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Great Plains.
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate among peers as well as upper management
- 1 - 2 years Accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing or distribution industry a plus.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.