Associate AccountantApply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number 56609
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Accountant!
The Associate Accountant ensures and provides accurate and timely financial information to support Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and the General Ledger teams. Position will cultivate a continuous improvement culture and will participate in ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced Accounts Receivable environment. The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Accounts Receivable strategy and execution by applying their knowledge and experience.
- Analysis of reports to ensure invoices have correct accounting, units, sales amounts, device values and labor amounts are correct
- Assist in monitoring key performance indicators and report to supervisor as needed
- Prepare analysis of customer invoices and accounts, as requested.
- Support Financial System Analysts with complex reconciliations of invoicing by program to client profit share and gain share reports
- Prepare gain share reports by client with reconciliations to respective invoices
- Maintain and file all billing invoices and other applicable supporting documentation, i.e. sales order
- PO, Invoice details, Approvals and posting confirmations.
- Maintain summary file details timely and accurately
- Answer customer inquiries
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge of financial practices as needed to apply proper account coding
- Ability to work through detailed invoice data, while paying attention to details to recognize anomalies with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Ability to reconcile accounts to relevant supporting documentation
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel
- Focused to be able to follow documented processes each and every time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.