Associate Business Unit Project ManagerApply Location York, Pennsylvania Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89375
Assurant is seeking an Associate Business Unit Project Manager for the York, PA facility with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
This is an office position with remote flexibility
The Associate Business Unit Project Manager role is responsible for managing departmental projects using project management tools and processes. The Business Unit Project Manager I, is involved in the project management. Supporting specifically the Oracle (Project Aspire). The Project Manager I will work with various internal customers, external clients and customers and external vendors to coordinate and implement various project plans and deliver the expected objectives by working with a project team.
- Lead and participate in the project development process.
- Manage and/or provide consulting services relating to various projects.
- Provide consulting services to implement initiatives.
- Rollout successful initiatives to the organization
- Can include budget tracking of a project. Financial education is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Skilled at these applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
- 3 years of business experience, preferably in a financial services/insurance environment.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet organizational goals.
- Requires good interpersonal skills—especially working with cross-functional teams— and the ability to present a professional image.
- Requires good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Requires self-motivation to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and organize as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
- Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project management training a plus
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Business function expertise is a plus.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.