Electro-Mechanical Assembler (2nd shift)Apply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-87742
We are always looking for great talent to fill current/future openings at Assurant!
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler Trainee and Electro-Mechanical Assembler, you will inspect, refurbish, test and program electronic equipment such as mobile phones in our 60,000 square foot air-conditioned facility.
It is a fast-paced production environment with productivity requirements and quality standards where you will use hand tools such as tweezers and needle nose pliers and electric screwdrivers to test and repair equipment. You will work independently at your station but will also have the opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler Trainee and Electro-Mechanical Assembler are entry-level positions. We offer on-the job training and opportunities to grow into more advanced technical roles such as the Wireless Tech position.
This is a second shift position, Mon-Thurs from 4:00pm-2:30am.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Perform repetitive electro-mechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Test, repair and program equipment
- Perform basic soldering and de-soldering using handheld soldering equipment
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Use a computer to enter data into the company database
- Physically move material as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work overtime and on Saturdays as needed
- 1-year experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.