Inventory Control Supervisor
Supervisor of Inventory Control ensures the accuracy, safekeeping and timely movement of inventory throughout the site. This is accomplished through following the processes and procedures that were developed to meet internal and external customer requirements and the effective leadership of Inventory Control resources through clear and precise communications of responsibilities and goals.
- In consultation with superior and subordinate personnel as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility.
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with internal and external customer.
- Ensure accurate accounting and physical control and security of all material stored in stockroom locations, of all material issued to and returned from production and of all finished goods and associated accessories.
- Supervisor cycle count process in all inventory areas and provide scheduled reporting of inventory data as well as provide ad hoc reporting of inventory data as required.
- Supervise all stockroom activities for all shifts including material stocking for component and finished goods inventory, kitting and delivery of components required for production.
- Monitor delivery of handsets and accessories for fulfillment, processing of RMA returns of defective product to suppliers
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Create and/or modify processes, in collaboration with manager, to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed. Support committees and programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business fulfillment system.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
This position will report to the Inventory and Production Control Manager in our Sandhurst facility and it is a Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm schedule.
- High School Diploma
- 3 – 5 Years prior supervisory experience in a high volume manufacturing/repair environment similar to Assurant, York or Lewisville Facility
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.