Process Engineer InternApply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-89359
Assurant is seeking a Process Engineer Intern for the York, PA facility
Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. We are seeking a Process Engineer Intern to join our York, PA, team this summer! The intern will assist our Process Engineers with designing, developing, and analyzing processes, as well as creating process control documents to support all production manufacturing functions.
- Perform time studies to establish process baselines and participate in improvement initiatives.
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) for editing, revising, and creating production documents.
- Collaborate with the Process Engineers and Facilities to enhance layout designs to maximize throughput, yield, and quality.
- Process review and recommendation for improvements.
- Procedure writing and updates.
- Practical work experience in processes to understand production/engineering process interaction.
- Experience in; Product receipt, Materials management, Production (Standard/Rapid repair), Kitting, Distribution and Engineering.
- Complete time studies, process flow mapping, 5S and etc. activities.
- Work with Facilities/Engineering Technicians on equipment deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Organized and able to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Possess a positive outlook, viewing challenges as opportunities
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Competently handle ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite Work Schedule:
Hours of operations: Monday through Thursday, 11:00 AM-10:00 PM; negotiable
flexible to allow for various school schedules for school ending and beginning
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.