Sr. Accounts PayableApply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-87805
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable position in our York, PA location!
This job is responsible for processing accounts payable to ensure vendor purchases are coded correctly, paid on time and reconciled in accordance with required control procedures (e.g. 3 way match of vendor invoice, P.O., and proof of delivery).
- Match invoices with purchase orders, packing slip and receipt (evidence of goods).
- Process invoices and ensure timely payments.
- Enter credits
- Email weekly check remits to the vendor.
- Maintain and file all invoices and other applicable supporting documentation, i.e. purchase order, receipt (evidence of goods), by vendor name.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Reconcile prepaid account.
- Research accounts payable invoice discrepancies and ensures appropriate action is
- Answer vendor inquires.
- Prepare analysis of vendor accounts, as requested.
- Performs filing, scanning and copying.
- Submit Non-inventory utility invoices through APnet.
- Non-inventory invoices with a purchase order are emailed to EBS Accounts Payable.
- 1 - 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Some college experience required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Strong use of AP applications in Oracle or other reputable ERP system
- Ability to reconcile accounts to relevant supporting documentation
- Basic understanding of accounting principles as needed to apply proper account coding.
- Proficient use of MS Office Products, especially Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel.
- Critical thinking and good judgment is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting (Preferred)
- Prior Accounts Payable experience
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.