Sr Supervisor, Operations Wireless (1st Shift)
As our Senior Supervisor, you will be a hands on supervisor in our Operations/Logistics area responsible for managing all direct production activities. In addition, during times in which departmental managers and/or Operation Managers are offsite (primarily nights and weekends), the Senior Operations Supervisor is ultimately responsible for management and safety of the site and all associates working within the facility.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them
- Drive process improvements and coordinate new model introductions
- Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment and oversee facilitation of capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls as needed
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
- Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements
- Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses
- Monitor production performance and ensure all daily shift production reports are completed on time.
- Maintain flow of operations by communicating production status, requirements and problems to next shift
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading appropriate technical publications
- In the absence of the Operations Manager the Senior Operations/Logistics Supervisor will oversee the activities of all other departments by direct communication with those departmental supervisors.
- In the event of a safety or security issue within the facility the Senior Operations Supervisor will assume ownership of the situation
- In the event there is a personnel issue that requires escalation beyond a supervisor the department supervisor should escalate to the Senior Operations/Logistics Supervisor who will engage HR / Senior Management as necessary
- Senior Operations/Logistics Supervisor will be required to make business related decisions effecting other departments after consulting with departmental supervisors
- Senior Operations/Logistics Supervisor will hold all shift supervisors accountable for work performance and work behavior when Operations Manager is absent
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years in a leadership / supervisory position within a fast paced manufacturing industrial services, distribution or assembly environment; Prefer including 5 years in leading other supervisors
- Strong knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Excel, Word, and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners
- Experience working with a 5S, Lean, Six Sigma environment
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience working with an hourly workforce
- Associates degree in related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working off shift hours
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Strong math, reasoning, analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to provide practical application of technical skills and techniques in wireless mobile device processing
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.