Supv, ReceivingApply Location York, Pennsylvania Requisition Number 55545
Assurant is now seeking a Supervisor of Receiving for the York, PA office
As the Receiving Supervisor you will be responsible for the employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of your team.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them
- Develop and implement process improvements, and coordinate new model introductions
- Create and utilize reports to accurately represent product flow and task completion rates and percentages
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
- Monitor inventory of stock and ensure adequate levels are maintained
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed
- Ensure proper labor utilization and develop staffing requirements
- Conduct interviews for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required in a logistics/distribution environment
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role supervising up to 15+ associates
- Occasional: Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery
- Employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Demonstrated supervisory abilities and proficiency in Forward and Reverse Logistics processes
- Must have basic computer skills
- Effectively communicate with vendors, carriers, customers, and other external contacts
- Previously worked in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel
- Must be able to multitask
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.