Earlier this year, Assurant joined 500 companies and organizations (and counting!) in a viral social media movement inspired by media company, The Skimm. Their ongoing campaign encourages employer transparency by inspiring companies to showcase their family leave benefits. The Skimm believes transparency is a crucial first step to improving paid leave for all. As a company employing nearly 16,000 employees across the globe, we do, too.
We believe in the importance of inclusion and flexibility in the workplace, so we recognize employee benefits shouldn’t fit into a one-sized-fits-all policy. Some may need to step away from work to care for a loved one, grow their family, or focus on themselves.
We shared a highlight of our parental leave and family support benefits in our recent social post, but we’ve given you a closer look at how Assurant remains committed to supporting employees below*:
Assurant Parental Leave and Family Support Benefits
- 12 weeks paid pregnancy leave and parental leave for birthing parents
- 4 weeks paid parental leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or caregiver status
- Family expanding financial and medical support: $20,000 for qualifying adoption or surrogacy services and $30,000 for fertility services plus expert support
- Back up childcare, dependent adult care and virtual tutoring services Free and confidential
- Global Employee Assistance Program, which includes a variety of services for employees and their families, including mental health, financial and legal
- Future Moms program includes personal pregnancy nurse to assist with prenatal care
Additional Assurant Benefits Popular with Parents and Families
- Generous Paid Time Off that increases with tenure
- 13 paid holidays, including national observed holidays and flexible days to focus on: personal cultural celebrations, wellbeing and family time
- Paid volunteer day for employees to dedicate toward charitable causes
- Health insurance coverage that begins on day one of employment
- Ongoing flexible work-from-home and hybrid options
- Variety of employee discounts & perks for travel, retail, electronics and more
For more information about our U.S. benefits, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For details about our global benefits, please speak with a recruiter.
*As of March 2022 | Benefits are for U.S. employees. Regional benefits may differ.